What happens if you get hurt and can't perform your own job? 

If you work for a company and get hurt on the job, you're likely eligible for worker's compensation. However, if you get hurt off the job, will you be able to continue to pay your bills if you can't work?

Many companies still offer short and long-term disability for their employees. Since states limit the amount of your income that you can receive from disability, you likely cannot add much more protection, if any, from an individual plan. 

If you are not eligible for disability insurance at work, consider an individual disability policy. In addition to replacing your income for the short-term, or until you retire, you can have it increase with the cost of living and confirm that it continues to pay you if you continue to be unable to perform your own occupation.

Business owners: if you do not want your business to shut down because you are unable to run it due to disability, you can put a Business Overhead Expense policy into place to keep the office bills paid until you are back on your feet, choose to replace yourself, or sell your company. It buys you time to figure out Plan B. 

Do you want to roll the dice with your most valuable asset...your ability to generate income?

Contact Us




Based in Huntington Beach, CA: Insurance License #0E45244

Currently Licensed in California, Virginia, Texas and Maryland

© 2019 by Stacy S Segal Insurance Services